Sunday, January 20, 2013

Walt's Chili!

This past week my daughter and I tried two recipes from our various Disney cookbooks.  Last year I picked up Feed Our Small World, A Cookbook for Kids, a sweet little collection of recipes inspired from around the world.  With the purchase of the book, a donation was made to the FEED Foundation.  It was a win-win for me.  I collect cookbooks.  I collect Disney things.  I like to support child-related charities.  I picked up the book at Barnes and Noble but I'm sure it can be found in other bookstores.

The first recipe we tried was the Chicken-or-the-Egg Rice Bowl.  My husband and I very much liked it, but my daughter is not a fan of green stuff and even though she was in charge of chopping scallions and packing baby spinach, it was not enough to intrigue her to try more than a bite of anything touching green.  However, we were all in agreement that we would continue to try more recipes from the book.  Stay tuned.

A few days later we decided to make Walt Disney's chili from the Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs book.  My chili is pretty darn good but I was willing to try another recipe and I'm glad I did.  There were tips to make the chili more spicy and I did follow those tips.  This was the first recipe I followed to the letter.  Everybody loved Walt Disney's Own Chili and Beans.  Next time I would halve the recipe.  We had a ton left over which I froze and will bring it out for Super Bowl Sunday.  If you leave the recipe alone, plan to feed a crowd.

I took a bunch of photos of various stages of cooking, but am having difficulty uploading them.  At a later day I'll try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment